Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup under windows 2003

2004-02-10 14:48:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup under windows 2003
From: Paul.Yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com (Paul Yahnig)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:48:09 -0500
--=_alternative 006CC72085256E36_=

Hello all.  I am currently running NBU 4.5 under Solaris 9.  I am going to
be moving to NBU 5.0 later this year.  When I make the move, I am going to
be going to a Windows 2003 platform for the server.  This is not by
choice, but the powers that be want to move from away from Sun and move
towards Linux or Windows.  The linux option was tempting, but there were
things that would have been missed on the feature side.

I am trying to find out if anyone here has used NBU 5.0 and Windows 2003
yet, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?  Am I getting into something
that I will regret?

Thanks
Paul

Paul Yahnig
Supervisor, Systems Administration
PR Newswire
paul.yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com
http://www.prnewswire.com

800-832-5522
(201) 369-5022 (direct)
(201) 369-0544 (fax)
"We tell your story to the world."
--=_alternative 006CC72085256E36_=

4.5 under Solaris 9. &nbsp;I am going to be moving to NBU 5.0 later this year.
&nbsp;When I make the move, I am going to be going to a Windows 2003 platform
for the server. &nbsp;This is not by choice, but the powers that be want to
move from away from Sun and move towards Linux or Windows. &nbsp;The linux
option was tempting, but there were things that would have been missed on the
feature side. &nbsp;</font>
used NBU 5.0 and Windows 2003 yet, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
&nbsp;Am I getting into something that I will regret?</font>
Paul Yahnig<br>
Supervisor, Systems Administration<br>
PR Newswire<br>
paul.yahnig AT prnewswire DOT com<br>
http://www.prnewswire.com<br>
800-832-5522<br>
(201) 369-5022 (direct)<br>
(201) 369-0544 (fax)<br>
&quot;We tell your story to the world.&quot;</font>
--=_alternative 006CC72085256E36_=--