Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remotely submitted NAS backup uses wrong client

2004-02-10 04:05:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remotely submitted NAS backup uses wrong client
From: mark AT steelfamily DOT org (Mark Steel)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:05:44 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Gavin

the scheduler will only read the policy includes file every 10 mins by
default. you can change the timer, but it would spend excessive time
reading policies and looking for backups.

so, back to my original idea, do you have permission to write a file to
the NBU master ? if you you could write a flag file saiying 'ok to start
backup now'. your session_start script could sit and wait for the file.

that would help with scheduling, but doesn't help if you want to submit
different filelists to backup. are the lists variable, or could you setup
different policies to address the filelists ?

regards
mark