Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup FP vs MP can they be mixed?

2004-02-05 21:42:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup FP vs MP can they be mixed?
From: Penelope.Carr AT veritas DOT com (Penelope Carr)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:42:30 -0500
4.5 FPx and 4.5 MPx can be mixed but the Master must be at 5.0, no
exceptions.

You can go to FP from MP but it is not a simple application, there is also a
specific path you have to take to get from MP to FP.  Going to FP6 is
applied as a deinstall and reinstall.

The directions are pretty thorough in the documentation that comes on the
FP6 CD release.  If you are not sure or you are not comfortable with
changing from MP to FP you may want to get in touch with our Consulting
group.

Penelope
Business Critical Support
Veritas Software