Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Vault finds no images

2004-02-04 14:44:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Vault finds no images
From: WTS AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:44:22 -0500
Smith, Kevin wrote, in part:

> When I run a vault, my profile does not find any images to vault.
> However, they are there and were produced yesterday when clearly there
> are?

I'm nobody's expert but my own, but have you studied how backups are
chosen for this profile?  Right-click the profile name in the right
vault panel of the Admin Console and choose "Change".  The front tab
shows how backup images will be chosen.

For example,  maybe the backup start times were not in the current
window for selection. Backup type, source volume group, client name,
media server name, schedules and excluded policies all go into the
selection process.

hope this helps, wayne