Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client rename

2004-02-05 13:48:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client rename
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:48:11 -0600
I've got a Solaris master running 4.5FP6.  How do I rename a client such
that all the files are restorable under the new name?  We're basically
doing a change from foo.prod.domain.com to foo.bck.domain.com.  Changing the
policies is easy, but changing everything else doesn't seem obvious.  I
would prefer that users be able to restore old backups from the new name
without worrying about when the rename took place.

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA