Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduling?

2004-01-30 05:07:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduling?
From: Dave Markham" <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:07:26 -0000
I just set up weekly, monthly and quarterly backups and base them on weeks.

I have the weekly run on Saturday night and the frequency to be 1 week

The monthly to run on Saturday night and to have frequency 4 weeks

Quarterly to run sat night and to have frequency 16 weeks.

As the retentions are different I.e bigger on the less frequent backups,
when it comes to backup time netbackup will run the one with highest
retention.

Works fine for me :)