Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] java gui on windows problem

2004-01-27 19:02:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] java gui on windows problem
From: Thomas.Tschida AT udlp DOT com (Thomas Tschida)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:02:11 -0600
I've searched the archives and noticed similar postings to my problem,
but I'm still stuck.

I've installed the NB 4.5 Java GUI on a Windows machine for non-root
admins.  They only see the jbpSA interface versus the jnbSA.

I've edited the /usr/openv/java/auth.conf file, and that solved the
problem if they display back from the master server, but if they try and
launch the locally installed GUI it still just shows the jbpSA menus.  I
tried it as root locally from the windows machine and I also get the
jbpSA menu.

Is there another file similar to a hosts.allow that I need to edit, or
do I need to create an auth.conf locally on the windows box, and if so,
where should it be located?

Thanks in advance

Tom Tschida
United Defense