Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] lazy drives

2004-01-27 11:30:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] lazy drives
From: Fabien.LIOU AT fr.thalesgroup DOT com (Fabien.LIOU AT fr.thalesgroup DOT com)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:30:40 +0100
Hello,

We use NBU 4.5fp6 under a SAN Backup topology with L700 and LTO2 drives.

We also use 3 drives with SSO option.

1 master and two media servers are under Solaris8.

Often, windows backups explode. Theorically, drives and windows times are
calculated to fit into the week end where fulls take place.

If we look at logs and general behavior, we can see that sometimes one drive
is not used after one backup. So only two drives work. Usually is not the
same drive.
Sometimes they are down, and worst sometimes nothing happens. No log and no
errors! They do nothing!!
Even sometimes a new job can start after few hours of lazy time.

So do you have an idea ?

thanks in advance.

Fabien