Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [NB45] prioritizing tape drives?

2004-01-27 06:30:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [NB45] prioritizing tape drives?
From: rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com (Rolf C)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:30:11 +0100
Hello all.

We have the following situation.
NB45 with SSO.
2x STK9840
1x STK9840B
1 Master server
1 Media/Fileserver

2 STU's. both STU's have all the Drives.

Now we would like to prioritize witch drive is used for a specific backup or
restore. So backups from server 1 (with a specific policy) allways use the
STK9840B, BUT when the 9840B failes it will use one of the other drives. And
backups from server 2-100 allways use the other 9840 drives.

I know we can make different STU's with different drives but then you lose
flexibility when the drive in the STU failes.

Hope i made my idea clear a bit.

Hotmail en Messenger on the move
http://www.msn.nl/communicatie/smsdiensten/hotmailsmsv2/