Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix client upgrade from NB341 to NB45MP6

2004-01-20 12:01:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix client upgrade from NB341 to NB45MP6
From: nancy.corbett AT attws DOT com (Corbett, Nancy)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:01:32 -0800
Upgrading the clients after moving the master/media servers to NB4.5 is
not mandatory.  However, if you elect to do so, from the master server,
run a script under ~/netbackup/bin called update_clients.  It should be
able to find all of your clients and update them.

There is a limit to how many clients the script can update at a time.  I
don't remember off hand how many that is.  The documentation in the
NetBackup Installation Guide for UNIX gives that number and how to
update the clients using a file with a list of all clients.  If you have
fewer clients than that to update, then you can merely run the
update_clients script from the command line, follow the prompts and
update all at once.

NOTE: I have found that there are features on the gui which do not work
until the master server has been upgraded as a client.

Nancy