Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] activity monitor display history

2004-01-20 09:02:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] activity monitor display history
From: xjolliff AT ti DOT com (Jolliff, Dale)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:02:00 -0600
With 4.5 fp5, this script will help prevent expired images from hanging
around forever, and as a side effect keep your catalog from growing out of
control.  You will need this script, or something like it as the programmers
(who are obviously more intelligent than I) decided it wasn't necessary for
the application to clean up it's own lock file.

(Linewrap is going to kill us here...)

#!/usr/bin/ksh
#
# Script:  cleanup_images.ksh
#
# Purpose:  This script will force NetBackup to expire images, rather than
waiting
#
if [[ -f /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cleanup.lock ]]
then
        ls -al /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cleanup.lock
>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
        print "`date` - Found /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cleanup.lock -
checking for active PID!" >>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
        PID=`cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cleanup.lock | cut -f2 -d' '`
        PROC=`ptree $PID`

        if [ "X$PROC" == "X" ]
        then
          print "Lock file found, but no active job at $PID."
>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
          print "Removing lock file for process: $PROC."
>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
          rm /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cleanup.lock
1>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log 2>&1
          /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimage -cleanup -allclients
1>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log 2>&1
          print "Launching bpimage." >>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
        else
          print "Lock file found, job $PID still active, bailing!"
>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
          ptree $PID 1>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log 2>&1

        fi

else
        print "No lock file found, launching bpimage."
>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log
        /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimage -cleanup -allclients
1>>/tmp/cleanup_images.log 2>&1
fi

The length of time that jobs are kept in history is configurable in the
bp.conf for the (master) server as

KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS
And
KEEP_JOBS_HOURS