Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup configuration download and upload

2004-01-16 12:44:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup configuration download and upload
From: nickno AT discoverfinancial DOT com (nickno AT discoverfinancial DOT com)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:44:48 -0600
I spent several hours creating a script that captures NetBackup
configuration to a file which can then later be used to quickly configure
base NetBackup installation. I am not sure if capturing global attributes,
policy configuration and storage devices is enough.  Has anyone went down
this road before? I am hoping to save many hours of coding and debugging.
This kind of script would be extremely helpful in preparing for disaster
recovery as well as archiving good configuration before a change or upgrade
is made, where sometimes only viable backout may be a complete
reinstallation. Thanks.

Nick