Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows backups running slow Netbackup 4.5 FP3 !

2004-01-15 12:41:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows backups running slow Netbackup 4.5 FP3 !
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:41:28 -0700
I know, I'm replying to my own post...

Regarding my response below...this only applies to 3.4, in 4.5 (which is
obviously in the subject and I missed), the communication buffer is
calculated based on the

size of the data buffer * 4 + 1024

So in your case, the communication buffer should be 263168 by default
(if you do not have a NET_BUFFER_SZ file in place)

The restore buffers, in 4.5 only are set based on:

Size of data buffers * 2 + 1024

Thanks to the person who brought this to my attention and even reference
the page number in my book! Yikes...

So having said all this, I would suggest that you start logging bptm and
review those logs, if the logs are a bit unclear, re-post for help to
this list.  Several of us have gone through these logs before and may be
able to give you some insights.

Also, these settings if you change them from default must be in bytes
with no leading or trailing spaces.

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor, Technical Marketing * ADIC *
720.249.5836 * david.chapa AT adic DOT com

Pathlight VX - Integrated Disk-to-Tape Backup - http://www.adic.com