Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Backup.

2004-01-14 12:09:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Backup.
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:09:05 -0500
Hello Chirag

I do not think that any of the messages here would explain the slow backups.

Can  you tell us a little more about the nature of the data being backed up.

Does this system always back up slowly or just this time?
Are there a very large number of small files? ACL's?
Is this a full backup or an incr?
What tape drives are you using?
what network issues? Did you check for half/full duplex mismatches between the
client and the networking gear?
mpx?

len