Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery: only have netbackup tape

2004-01-14 09:46:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery: only have netbackup tape
From: vcs AT myrealbox DOT com (Veritas)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:46:55 -0700
Hi All,

I am trying to simulate a disaster recovery case where everything is damaged,
but we have the tapes offsite. But we dont have catalog backups.

So the question now is:

I reinstall netbackup, for simplicity I just need data on one tape.
import the tape into the catalog.

Now since this backup was not taken on the OS netbackup is on, I need to create
another host with the same os as the backup client.

Are there other ways to recover this single tape, say if it is a backup of a
netware environment, can it be extracted to a unix or windows host using tar
etc?

Thanks,
Mike