Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU45-FP5: Oracle Policy Volume Pool not overriding

2004-01-12 12:06:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU45-FP5: Oracle Policy Volume Pool not overriding
From: jbenson AT neurome DOT com (Jon D. Benson)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:06:49 -0800
Greetings

I recently implemented a Oracle policy to run hot backups of my
development instance. I set the policy to run weekly full backups and
daily differential incremental backups. My usual procedure is to setup
the policy to use a WEEKLY pool as the policy volume pool and to set the
daily schedule to override policy volume pool to use a DAILY pool. This
is a standard procedure for my other policies.

My problem is that the oracle policy utilizes a third schedule -- the
Default-Application-Backup schedule. This schedule is the actual
schedule that media manager uses to determine pools. So what is see is
that regardless of the override setting on my daily policy this policy
always uses the WEEKLY pool (because the Default-Applicaiton-Backup
schedule isn't set to override). Conversely if I set the
Default-Application-Backup schedule to override then both weekly and
daily schedules use the DAILY pool.

Are there any methods I can use so an Oracle policy can use two pools?

thanks!
--
Jon D. Benson
Network Systems Administrator