Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] expire tapes relative to oracle backups

2004-01-09 11:58:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] expire tapes relative to oracle backups
From: RLMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:58:09 -0500
I have ran the appropriate commands to delete all backupsets
within RMAN which are older than 30 days.  When I run
bpimmedia -mediaid on a 31+ day old tape it returns no entity
found as expected. The problem is that the Time Assigned
remains against this particular mediaid.  Do I have to take
additional steps in order for Netbackup to realize that this
tape should expire?  Note:  I have set all oracle policies
with retention of infinity, so perhaps that means I have to
manually expire them?

Thanks for your time.

Netbackup 3.4.2
Oracle 8.1.7.4