Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpend_notify script - can I tell whether backup was successful

2003-12-24 05:11:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify script - can I tell whether backup was successful
From: Paul.Porcelli AT aggreko.co DOT uk (Paul Porcelli)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:11:56 -0000
Is there any way to tell whether the backup to tape part has been successful
before
the bpend_notify script has been completed.
We have a bpend_notify script which restarts an Oracle DB after a cold backup.
As part of theis script, I would like to remove some archive logs if the backup
to tape
was successful.
I thought I may be able to use bpdbjobs to check whether the backup status was
0
but the backup is listed as still active while the bpend script is running.
Is there another way to handle this without running a cron job ?
Many thanks
Paul

Visit us at www.aggreko.com

  Confidentiality Notice:  This  communication  and  any  accompanying
  attachments contain confidential information intended for a specific
  individual and purpose.  This communication is private and protected
  by law.  If  you are  not the  intended  recipient,  you are  hereby
  respectfully  notified that any disclosures,  copying, forwarding or
  distribution, or the  taking of any action  based on the contents of
  this communication is strictly prohibited.