Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bptm logs

2003-12-17 14:45:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bptm logs
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:45:15 -0600
No didn't take the class, but now I know I shouldn't, since the
instructor was clueless... (joking, maybe)

Someone (Chris Costa) responded and said that both the
/usr/openv/netbackup/NET_BUFFER_SZ and the
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS should be set and
should match one another.  As I understand it, these are for two
different buffers, one is for reading data from the client, and one is
for writing to the tape. (makes sense) Ideally they should be set equal,
and in an LTO/Unix setting I have read a good value to use is 256K, or
262144.  I did set this, but in the bptm log I am still getting the
following,

io_set_recvbuf: setting receive network buffer to 262144 bytes   (great)
io_set_recvbuf: receive network buffer is 65535 bytes       (why, what
gives)

So again, it looks as if NetBackup acknowledges they should be set to
the 262144 value, but is setting it back to the default.  Is there any
other file/parameter I need to change, or a kernel parameter that I need
to modify?

Thanks,
Taylor