Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RedHat EL3 and NetBackup 4.5

2003-12-17 12:31:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RedHat EL3 and NetBackup 4.5
From: cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu (Casey J Feskens)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:31:51 -0800 (PST)
I'm about to install my first RedHat Enterprise Linux 3
system, and I was wondering if anyone else has taken on
this experience yet.  According to the client matrix,
this platform is supported in FP6, but we're running MP5.

According to the matrix, RHEL2.1 is supported by older
maintenance packs.  RHEL3 is supposed to have compatibility
libraries to allow 2.1 applications to run.  So I "think"
we should be safe, but I was curious to find out if anyone
else has tried this and run into any snags.

Thanks for your help!

Take care,

Casey Feskens <cfeskens AT willamette DOT edu>
System Administrator/Network Svcs. Consultant
Willamette University, Salem, OR