Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 213 during manual & catalog backup

2003-12-16 11:28:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 213 during manual & catalog backup
From: RLMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:28:02 -0500
If I execute a manual backup from a media server while a catalog backup is
in process on the master server then I will get a
EXIT STATUS 213: no storage units available for use.  I think maybe I need
some delay directive in my bp.conf on the media server is question.  My
understanding is that TIMEOUT_IN_QUEUE = 7200 is for automatic backups, so
is there another option for manual backups?

Netbackup 3.4.2
Solaris 8

TIA

~~~~~~~~~~~script used + output~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[[[[ man_PROD_RMAN_archlogs_NB ]]]]
#! /bin/ksh
 echo "Initiating manual RMAN backup of archive logs."
 /opt/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -i -S tl1 -c oracledb_RMAN_PROD -s
ARCHIVE_LOGS -w
 RETURN_STAT=$?
 if [ $RETURN_STAT -gt 0 ]; then
  echo "There was a problem during $0"
  exit $RETURN_STAT
 else
  echo "$0 completed successfully."
 fi

# man_PROD_RMAN_archlogs_NB
Initiating manual RMAN backup of archive logs.
EXIT STATUS 213: no storage units available for use
There was a problem during /scripts/images/man_PROD_RMAN_archlogs_NB
#