Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exceeded configured number of tries

2003-12-10 15:43:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exceeded configured number of tries
From: dlowenst AT mail.sdsu DOT edu (Dave Lowenstein)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:43:48 -0800 (PST)
4.5 FP3GA on solaris (business server)

I ran a very long running restore overnight which caused lots of backups
to fail. Now a backup that is supposed to run once every hour keeps
failing with this message

12:38:08.610 [12482] <4> log_in_errorDB: skipping backup of client xxxx,
policy archive-redo-logs, schedule arch-redo-inc-one-hour because it
has exceeded the configured number of tries

well, it's set to go once an hour and I haven't seen any 'configured
number of tries' anywhere. I pretended that netbackup was windows and
tried restarting it but that didn't fix anything.

how can I make it start doing these backups again?

Dave Lowenstein
Analyst/Programmer
Instructional Technology Services
San Diego State University