Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate tapes Time Assigned missing

2003-12-09 23:26:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate tapes Time Assigned missing
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:26:28 -0600
At 1:07 PM -0500 12/9/03, Markham, Richard wrote:
>I run Oracle/RMAN backups to a disk storage unit and duplicate these to
>tapes.
>I later expire the disk copies and verify availabily of the tape copy.  An
>issue I have discovered is that these duplicate tapes do not have a time
>assigned date...<snip>

you're sure you're not accidentally expiring both copies when you
expire the on-disk copy of the image?  (what is the syntax of the
bpexpdate command you use to carry out this expiration?)

it would be interesting to see what the "vmquery -m <mediaID>" and
"bpimmedia -mediaid <mediaID>" commands say about one of these
duplicate tapes...

rob