Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5, HPUX11i Kernel Settings/IP Tunables

2003-12-06 12:14:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 4.5, HPUX11i Kernel Settings/IP Tunables
From: nelcaps AT netzero DOT com (Nelson T. Caparroso)
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:14:31 -0500
Am Implementing NBU 4.5 DataCenter on HPUX11i. Master/Media is an
N-Class 4x650 Mhz, 4 GB RAM, 6 DLT7000 Library presented on SAN
(Bridged). No SSO planned, just plain Networked clients on their own
private GiGEther backup LAN... No. of Clients 10 possibly growing to 20.

What should I be tuning Kernel Wise, TCP wise? The manuals don;t mention
any kernel tuning at all for HPUX 11i.

A week into my burn-in, the only problems I've been encountering are
NetWork TimeOuts and Status: 25 - Cannot connect on socket.

Thanks All.