Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2728 - 11 msgs

2003-12-01 12:36:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2728 - 11 msgs
From: mhickey AT glasshouse DOT com (Mark Hickey)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:36:41 -0500
Robert,
   If the O/S can see them, then 2 of the three important files should
be okay.  The last one you need to update is the sg.conf file in the
/kernel/drv directory.  If you look at the version of the file that is
currently on your system (must be in order for you to see the sg devices
that you currently *can* see), you will be able figure out the format of
the lines - it is very straightforward. The reason sg.install doesn't
help you is that you by default it creates device targets and luns for
target 16 and above, unless you specify otherwise on the command line
(or, conversely, you used the command line to constrain the number of
luns to configure per device).

HTH,
Mark Hickey
Senior Technology Consultant
Glasshouse Technologies, Inc.
www.glasshouse.com

Origial Message.......................

  Hi folks,=20

  Need to check which file should I edit to have a new tape drive =
mapped. The machine can detect /dev/rmt/1cbn and /dev/rmt/2cbn with =
mapping below

  My #sgscan all=20
  /dev/sg/c3t3l0  -> the Autochanger=20
  /dev/sg/c3t3l1    -> /dev/rmt/1cbn=20

  But I couldn't get a mapping for /dev/sg/c3t3l2 for /dev/rmt/2cbn in =
sgscan. I am using NetBackup 4.5 with Solaris 9 here.

  Fibre direct connect with two drives daisy chain.=20
  Thanks=20
  Robert=20