Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with NB 4.5 and RH9 workaround [repost]

2003-12-01 10:27:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with NB 4.5 and RH9 workaround [repost]
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:27:00 -0500
Cris Rhea wrote, in part:
> I'm running NB4.5 (FP5) with the workaround posted for RH9 clients.
>
> All seemed OK, but I recently noticed that incremental backups are
> actually doing full backups.

I haven't seen this one, but the workaround I posted works for only some
  systems (certain library levels, we presume). We recently updated a
number of our (NBU working) RH9 systems to find NBU no longer works ...
and no workaround has become evident. :-(   We are backing up those
systems by other means (rsync, etc.).     cheers, wayne