Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Adding NDMP drives

2003-12-01 10:25:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Adding NDMP drives
From: Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com (Shafto, Eric)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:25:23 -0500
Hello, all.

I must be missing something terribly simple. I am trying to do remote NDMP
under NBU 4.5FP3 (about to upgrade to FP5).

It looks like there is something wrong with the way the drives are owned by
the ndmp STU. bpstulist shows that it contains 2 drives, but the bptm log
says, "no NDMP drives  connected to host xxxxx were found in robot number =
0, Robot type = TLD, density = hcart2", and backups fail with a 219
("required storage unit unavailable").

The robot number in the policy (and everywhere else, AFAICT) is 0. The robot
type is TLD, and the density is hcart2.

A Google search and a search of Veritas's support site found no hits for "no
NDMP drives".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer
statement and monitoring policy, please refer to