Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bare metal restore

2003-11-24 12:06:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bare metal restore
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:06:10 -0700
The short answer is you'll have to build it yourself if you can't buy the
BMR from Veritas.  I"m not even sure BMR is good on v3.4.

Otherwise, you'll have to jump/kick/install your OS, install the client, &
start a restore of missing stuff.  Warning, you can't overwrite your OS
directories on restore or you'll trash your libraries & kill the restore.

It's mostly a manual process with the base-level software.

-M