Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] auto update on tape insertion

2003-11-18 19:59:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] auto update on tape insertion
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:59:02 -0500
I didn't think that NBU had that capability. We've scripted inject/eject
scripts which update the volume database after injection/ejection.

--Steve

Donaldson, Mark wrote:

>Anybody know where I can find some info on Netbackup's ability to
>automatically update the library inventory when new tapes are manually
>inserted via the CAP?
>
>I've been googling, pdf-searching, and otherwise html-ing about the world &
>the Veritas site and can't find nothin'.
>
>-M

===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - KS101
  Bedford, MA 01730