Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bprestore and spaces in file names

2003-11-18 13:46:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bprestore and spaces in file names
From: kastus AT epocrates DOT com (Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:46:46 -0800
Can anybody tell me if this is possible.

I'm running a bprestore job on master server to restore
files on Windows NT client. Master server is NetBackup 3.4 on Solaris 8.
File names contain spaces.
File names are taken from a file where each line has length
of the following pathname, e.g.:

53 /E/gdrive/Pharma Svcs/Honors/List Management/Arundel/

This scenario works fine.

It fails when I try to use rename file.

The syntax of rename file is:

change pathname1 to pathname2

In my case pathname1 contains spaces. Space is a legitimate character
in a Unix file name and Widose file name. But bprestore just refuses
to use this rename file.

Is there a workaround for rename file syntax?

Or is this a known limitation of NetBackup?

Thank you,
--
Konstantin 'Kastus' Shchuka
Unix System Administrator