Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up Thousands of Databases

2003-11-18 12:42:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up Thousands of Databases
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:42:34 -0700
We get away with this nice simple setup by driving all backups from Oracle's
crontab.  This is good for two reasons, one - nice simple policy setup.  The
other reason is that this allows the DBA's to do all their own scheduling. I
have 24x7 schedules and it's nice to keep the control with the DBA's.  If
they screw up, it's not my fault.
-m