Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter Upgrade

2003-11-18 11:14:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter Upgrade
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:14:07 -0600
Hey all, I am trying to upgrade advanced reporter.
Trouble is, when installing it, (for this type of upgrade, from MP2 to FP3,
you have to first deinstall and then reinstall)
It fails because the hostname is not listed as the first entry in the
bp.conf.

Our first entry is the name of the master server.  Our hostname is homer,
but we call the master server homer-bkup.  I do have the REQUIRED_INTERFACE
= homer-bkup in bp.conf.  Any idea how you can get the install script to
understand that the hostname is not the correct master server name?  I tried
exporting the hostname=homer-bkup in the shell I was working in, but that
didn't work either.  DNS lookups for both interfaces, homer and homer-bkup
work fine.