Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups to Disk Units going into Queue State

2003-11-18 06:43:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups to Disk Units going into Queue State
From: andrew.walker AT liberty.co DOT za (Andrew Walker)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:43:25 +0200
Hi,

I have had a similar problem, I presume that your tape backups kick off
before your disk based backups.

Coming from a Solaris system, if you run the bpadm command and then select g
for Global Configuration..
and then select "l)  List/Display All Configuration Parameters". Look for
the line that reads
"Max drives this master:   ??", this from what I have determined, should be
the total number of physical and virtual drives configured to the server.
IE- 5 physical and 20 disk storage maximum concurrent jobs equals 25 max
drives this master.

Hope this assists you in some way.

Andrew Walker
Solaris Consultant.