Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Server

2003-11-17 13:21:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Server
From: tim.anderson AT palmone DOT com (Tim Anderson)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:21:46 -0800
Hello Group,

I'm installing my first Media Manager system.

The master server is Solaris running NBU 3.4.1GA datacenter.
The media manager is Win2000 running NBU 3.4GA datacenter.

The bp.conf and vm.conf files on both master and media servers
lists both servers.

robtest on the media server can load/unload media.
I've configured the jukebox and tape drive on the media server.
I've added the Volume group and media on the media server.
The master server sees the jukebox and the drives on the media server.

I configured a class and attempted a backup using the media server, but
the media never loads.

I found that the media server is not listening for the "bprd (13720)" port.

The registry shows an entry for bprd, but it doesn't start, even with a restart.

Any ideas?

Tim J. Anderson
Tim.Anderson AT palmone DOT com
650-230-5272