Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple stream bpstart_notify and bpend_notify...

2003-11-17 14:12:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple stream bpstart_notify and bpend_notify...
From: pcd AT xinupro DOT com (Peter DrakeUnderkoffler)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:12:48 -0500
Hello all,

Not sure if I reinvented the wheel, but a wrote a complete
bpstart/bpend notify script set to handle multiple streams.
Unfortunately, the client wanted me to write it in a shell
instead of perl.  I have two questions...

1.  Is there already a good solution for "Standard" policies
for this that I just haven't found yet?

2.  If no to the questions above, any reason anyone knows of
that the start/end scripts couldn't be written in perl?  I know
the start gets passed 4 arguments and the end script gets 5, the
same first 4 followed by the status of bpbkar.  Additionally,
there are environment variables set such as..

STREAM_NUMBER
STREAM_COUNT
UNIXBACKUPTIME
BACKUPTIME
STREAM_PID
BACKUPID

Anything else anyone know of?   I think I can be much more efficient
with logging and error handling within perl.

Thanks
Peter DrakeUnderkoffler