Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] scheduling and policy error

2003-11-07 18:38:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] scheduling and policy error
From: Cecil.Hypolite AT frx DOT com (Cecil.Hypolite AT frx DOT com)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:38:06 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A588.318DFCB0

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this error before:
I have a policy whose window is from 8:00 pm to 4:00 am, and the schedule is
incremental from Saturday to Thursday. Once in a while the policy is not run
by Netbackup. I was told by an engineer from Veritas that the problem could
be my backup window; it goes from one day into the next. Here is an example;
Sunday Backup starts at 8:00 pm
Monday Backup starts at 8:00 pm
Tuesday's Backup starts at 1:00 am
Tuesday's backup tries to start at 9:00 pm, but because a backup already
took place at 1:00 am earlier in the day, the backup that tries to start at
9:00 pm doesn't happen, because a backup was done for the day already.
Thanks for all your help in advance.
Cecil

 This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action
taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A588.318DFCB0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>scheduling and policy error</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Has anyone ever seen or heard of this error =
before:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have a policy whose window is from 8:00 pm to 4:00 =
am, and the schedule is incremental from Saturday to Thursday. Once in =
a while the policy is not run by Netbackup. I was told by an engineer =
from Veritas that the problem could be my backup window; it goes from =
one day into the next. Here is an example;</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sunday Backup starts at 8:00 pm</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Monday Backup starts at 8:00 pm</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Tuesday's Backup starts at 1:00 am</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Tuesday's backup tries to start at 9:00 pm, but =
because a backup already took place at 1:00 am earlier in the day, the =
backup that tries to start at 9:00 pm doesn't happen, because a backup =
was done for the day already.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for all your help in advance.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cecil</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P>____________________________________________________________________&=
nbsp;=20
</P>

<P>&nbsp;This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest =
Laboratories, Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, =
confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, =
Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or =
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient =
of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering =
this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any =
dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the =
contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and =
may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please =
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and =
any copy of this e-mail and any printout.</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A588.318DFCB0--