Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 fp 3 Agent Install option?

2003-11-07 10:33:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5 fp 3 Agent Install option?
From: Jason.Ahrens AT telus DOT com (Jason Ahrens)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:33:45 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A544.87DC23BA

Alright, I've just discovered a "feature" of the NetBackup 4.5 FP 3 CD =
installer I need to figure how to work around. This is with the Windows =
client installer.

Our procedures here have us installing the NetBackup client software as =
part of the base system install. Database software installation happens =
after this, including any NetBackup agent software that may be required.

With NB 4.5 FP 3, you can no longer install the agent software =
separately that I can find. The agent directories are gone and =
attempting to access the database agents on the installer GUI brings up =
a message that "this is no longer required as databases are now auto =
detected".

In our environment, this breaks our process pretty badly as the only way =
so far around this is to reinstall NetBackup client, which isn't a good =
option.

Anyone figure out how to work around this?

Thanks

Jason

---
Jason Ahrens, Hosting and Storage Analyst
TELUS Technology and Operations
IT Infrastructure Operations
http://www.telus.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3A544.87DC23BA

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.0.6396.0">
<TITLE>NB 4.5 fp 3 Agent Install option?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Alright, I've just discovered a =
&quot;feature&quot; of the NetBackup 4.5 FP 3 CD installer I need to =
figure how to work around. This is with the Windows client =
installer.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Our procedures here have us installing =
the NetBackup client software as part of the base system install. =
Database software installation happens after this, including any =
NetBackup agent software that may be required.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">With NB 4.5 FP 3, you can no longer =
install the agent software separately that I can find. The agent =
directories are gone and attempting to access the database agents on the =
installer GUI brings up a message that &quot;this is no longer required =
as databases are now auto detected&quot;.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In our environment, this breaks our =
process pretty badly as the only way so far around this is to reinstall =
NetBackup client, which isn't a good option.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Anyone figure out how to work around =
this?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jason</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">---</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jason Ahrens, Hosting and Storage =
Analyst</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">TELUS Technology and Operations</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">IT Infrastructure Operations</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.telus.com";>http://www.telus.com</A></FONT>
</P>

</BODY>