Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RedHat 9 client

2003-11-06 11:41:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RedHat 9 client
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:41:14 -0600
--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

* robert.vuerstaek AT comparex DOT be <robert.vuerstaek AT comparex DOT be>
[2003-11-06 1=
6:20]:
>=20
> Does anybody know if RedHat 9 client is supported in Netbackup 4.5.  If y=
es
> what MP or FP is required.
> In the Veritas compatibility matrix I only find RedHat 8.0.
> My master is is NetBackup 4.5 MP2 on Win 2K.

It's not supported, but it works. I have done it with vanilla 4.5
and with 4.5 FP3 and 4.5 FP5. At least FP5 had a linux 2.4 branch. I
also found it easier to install client files from the Master, rather
than off the install CD.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com