Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS

2003-11-06 08:43:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS
From: Dariusz.Klar AT Sun DOT COM (Dariusz Klar)
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:43:03 +0100
Hi,
DLT barcodes contains 6 digits and if you do not want to have different
Media IDs than Barcodes you do not have to use Barcode Rules
(MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS)

LTO1 barcodes contains 6 digits + L1 suffix (eg. 123456L1) and
you have to use  -> MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS = 0 8 1:2:3:4:5:6

8 not 7 !!!

In the past I had a lot of problems using function "USE BARCODE RULES"
during robot inventory (NetBackup 4.5)
I noticed that doing robot inventory via GUI (Windows Console) caused
that problems. I used vmupdate from CLI to make robot inventory with
success.

hope it will solve your problem.

regards,

Darek