Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] The tape (media id 800006) was in weekly-full p ool

2003-11-05 11:36:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] The tape (media id 800006) was in weekly-full p ool
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:36:01 -0600
--=_alternative 005B3CD486256DD5_=

and it will only go back to the scratch pool if it came from the scratch
pool.  if you move it from scratch to pool_a then to pool_b, and it gets
used in pool_b, when it becomes unassigned it will just stay there like
pre-FP3.

you can see the previous pool field with vmquery -w.

kind of a weid way to control which volumes go back to scratch.  at Vision
a few people said they would rather see this controlled on a per pool
basis, rather than per media based on previous pool, and just add things
to vm.conf or poolDB to say media in pool_a and pool_b can go back to
scratch when they're unassigned but media in pool_c can't.  hopefully it
will be changed to this method in 5.0... we'll see.

- Scott

"Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
11/05/2003 10:10 AM