Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB4.5 server and NB3.4 clients

2003-10-24 11:25:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB4.5 server and NB3.4 clients
From: JETurner AT SSALLC DOT com (Turner, Eric)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:25:50 -0400
Absolutely.

I upgraded our master/media servers to nbu4.5 in Aug. and did not immediately
any standard clients.   In fact, most of them are still running the 3.4 client
without problems.    I am upgrading them to the 4.5 client as time and
resources permit, and of course new clients that come on line are 4.5 from the
get go.

If you use any database extensions,   according to what I have read, those
clients must be upgraded, (I upgraded my Exchange server client).

I don't have an answer on your follow up question.....

Good Luck in your upgrade,  mine was pretty smooth......

Eric Turner
jeturner AT ssallc DOT com
(937) 863-7512
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and
those that do not."