Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SAN based Restore going through the network?

2003-10-22 10:02:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SAN based Restore going through the network?
From: kevin.v.vapiwala AT citigroup DOT com (Vapiwala, Kevin V [IT])
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:02:47 -0400
I have a situation here,

I have a UNIX Master server, and Windows 2000 Media server. The windows box
has SAN attached 9940 Tape drives. I am able to run backups at 200+ GIg/hr
but restores don't run higher then and agregate of 50-60 gig an hour. It
apears that the restores are running through the Network even though I have
the MUST_USE_LOCAL_DRIVE option on the media server and the Master checked.
Any ideas?

Kevin