Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Intermittent 174 Media Manager Error

2003-10-22 06:09:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Intermittent 174 Media Manager Error
From: gdrew AT deathstar DOT org (George Drew)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:09:44 -0400 (EDT)
This error s telling you that the client indicated it was done sending
data, so the media server did a quick check, and found that the amount of
data it received was not valid. Somewhere between your client and your
server some data disappeared. The fact that all of the clients that fail
are on the same subnet is very suspicious, and I would suggest that you
start by analyzing this network for problems. I'd also suggest that
you double-check the driver versions on all the gigE cards on the clients,
to ensure they are up-to-date. Make sure the client's OS is patched, and
check client logs (bpbkar, bpcd) for indications of network errors.

George