Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow response when restoring

2003-10-20 09:21:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow response when restoring
From: anouar.elmourabit AT telenor DOT com (anouar.elmourabit AT telenor DOT com)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:21:26 +0200
I run NetBackup DataCenter ver.4.3.1 GA on a w2k server. When initiating
restores the system is unresponsive for 5-10 minutes until the filestructure
appears. It seems to have become worse as time has gone by... Is it caused by
to many images in the netbackup\db catalog ? Restore time is acceptable when I
first find the data which should be restored, it's just that it takes too long
in my opinion before I can select the data to be restored.

Any tips for speeding up the search for restorable data?

Regards,
Anouar