Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup on Linux

2003-10-17 17:26:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup on Linux
From: jonw AT n2h2 DOT com (Jon Walton)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:26:53 -0700
Jackie,

I have had absolutely terrible results with LSI/Symbios HVD SCSI HBA's
and our Storagetek L80 (Redhat 7.3)

I am switching to an Adaptec this weekend to see if my device/bus/host
timeout problems goes away.    The exact same HBA under Solaris has
worked great for years.

My advice is to make sure there is adequate low-level device support for
your library and HBA before you take any plunges.

Thanks,

Jon