Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 2 questions one on 4.5 upgrade and other about windows and tar

2003-10-15 00:46:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 2 questions one on 4.5 upgrade and other about windows and tar
From: mark_eisenhardt AT stoneybrookfl DOT com (Mark Eisenhardt)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:46:16 -0400
I was wondering (and this may have been already covered but) can you upgrade
from 3.4 to 4.5 and then install FP5 directly?
I seem to remember that the Feature Packs were all inclusive but don't
remember for sure.
Secondly (I'm UNIX trying to help our windows side of the house) is there a
tar for windows that I can get?
The reason I'm looking is we have hundreds of thousands signature image
files and thought if I can tar ball them up (which is fast on UNIX) and then
zip that file for backup it would work great for the backup overall time.
I'm open to any suggestions other than that as well.
Thanks,
Mark