Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk based backups with Netbackup 4.5fp

2003-10-14 15:21:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk based backups with Netbackup 4.5fp
From: Mark.Donaldson AT experianems DOT com (Donaldson, Mark)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:21:34 -0600
Remember you'll have a filesystem limitation. Each fragment is a separate
file.  Coming from disk, I can't see where fragment size is going to be a
big issue.  Each fragment has some header info that takes space and you'll
still have to search each fragment for individual file blocks on small
restores.  You'll be searching at disk speeds so I doubt it's terribly
significant.

$.02