Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetApp R150 issues

2003-10-10 11:16:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetApp R150 issues
From: Dave.Oswald AT quintiles DOT com (Dave.Oswald AT quintiles DOT com)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:16:54 -0500

Hello List,

We are trying to incorporate several NetApp filers into our backup
environment.  Specifically FAS940s snapmirroring to a R150, which is then
backed up to tape via NetBackup 4.5 with RemoteNDMP.

We are experiencing many problems, some of which NetApp finally admitted
are known problems and they are working on patches.  I find it hard to
believe that we are the only people experiencing some of these problems.

Before I got into a lot of detail, I thought I'd see if there is anyone
here running a similar setup.  I do need it to be an R150, the R100 series
seem to not have these issues.

Great list by the way, glad I found it!

Dave O.
Kansas City Missouri

****************IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ*******************
This electronic message, including its attachments, is COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included
in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies
thereof. If this electronic message contains a zipped attachment and you do
not have a decompression tool, you may download unZIP (free of cost) from:
http://www.mk-net-work.com/us/uz/unzip.htm. Alternatively, you may request
that the attachment be resent in an uncompressed format.        Thank you.