Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Question

2003-10-09 12:57:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Question
From: gmackinn AT ford DOT com (MacKinnon, G. R. (Gregory))
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 12:57:55 -0400
> Barry Lustig wrote:
>
> Mark,
>
>    I did try importing from the tape.  I get:
>
>                 INF - Found no images matching the selection
> criteria that were ready
> for phase 2 import.
>
> from the search.  All of the search options were set for all
> except for
> the media ID.  That was set to the media ID of the tape.  The date
>
> range of the search started long before that tape was used through
>
> today.
>
> barry
>
> On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 08:54 AM, Donaldson, Mark wrote:
>
> > The tape is removed from the media database when it is expired
> of
> > images,
> > which is what the bpexpdate command did.  If you don't care
> about the
> > data
> > on the tape, then you're OK.  If you do care, you'll have to
> import
> > the tape
> > to recreate the image data (see the SAG on importing).
> >
> > You should be able to see the tape still in the volume database
> with
> > the
> > "vmquery -m R302L1" command.
> >
> > -M

Barry,

Again, if you don't care about losing the data on the tape,
or you think that there's no data on the tape you can use:

vmquery -deassignbyid R302L1 6 0

(6 is the pool #, so if you moved the tape it'll be different)

Gregg
Gregg MacKinnon                         Ford Motor Co.
gmackinn AT ford DOT com                        2101 Village Rd.
Technical Computing Section             Rm 1116, MD 1076
(313) 594-3716   pager 7958343          Dearborn Michigan, 48124