Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] i need some retention time enlightenment

2003-10-03 11:38:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] i need some retention time enlightenment
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:38:46 -0500
--=_alternative 0055F2AC86256DB4_=

Hi,

I've got a question about retention times and imports.

We send a tape off site every month for monthend storage. The retention
time is set to about 6 months.

Now i import tapes that are one year old. Once the import is complete, i
can do my restore. however the import records are purged the next day.

So if i don't get to restore on the same day that the data is imported, i
got to re-import

Can i tell NB to keep the newly imported data for 6 months?

Thanks,
Karl
--=_alternative 0055F2AC86256DB4_=

times and imports.</font>
for monthend storage. The retention time is set to about 6 months.</font>
old. Once the import is complete, i can do my restore. however the import
records are purged the next day.</font>
same day that the data is imported, i got to re-import</font>
data for 6 months?</font>
--=_alternative 0055F2AC86256DB4_=--